Nepal Agricultural Research Council (NARC) was established in 1991 as an autonomous organization under "Nepal Agricultural Research Council Act - 1991" to conduct agricultural research in the country to uplift the economic level of the people.
- To conduct qualitative studies and researches on different aspects of agriculture.
- To identify the existing problems in agriculture and find out the solution.
- To assist government in formulation of agricultural policies and strategies.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Conduct qualitative agricultural research required for national agricultural policies,
- Prioritize studies and researches to be conducted,
- Provide research and consultancy services to the clients,
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate the agricultural research activities in Nepal,
- Document the research activities.
- Grants from the Government of Nepal.
- Grants from national and international donor agencies and governments.
- Funds obtained from research or consultancy services.